Market man is named
ROYSTON Market has a new manager – and he says it has a strong future . Lance Raperport, 28, of Hitchin, was appointed by North Herts District Council as markets manager on Thursday. Mr Raperport has always had a passion for markets like his father, who
ROYSTON Market has a new manager - and he says it has a "strong future".
Lance Raperport, 28, of Hitchin, was appointed by North Herts District Council as markets manager on Thursday.
Mr Raperport has always had a passion for markets like his father, who was a market trader.
He said: "I'm looking forward to working with the traders and the district council to strengthen Royston's historic market, which has been at the heart of the community for centuries.
"It has a strong future and I'm pleased that I will be part of that," he said.
Mr Raperport, who helped his parents to run their stall and has had a career in retail, will also take over as manager of markets in Hitchin and Baldock.
- 1 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 2 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 3 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
- 6 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 9 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 10 Royston struggle to add second win to opening day success
Cllr Ian Knighton, portfolio holder responsible for markets, said: "It is wonderful to have someone of Lance's calibre and enthusiasm on board."
Cllr Knighton said the district council was committed to "revitalising the market".