Market man is named
ROYSTON Market has a new manager – and he says it has a strong future . Lance Raperport, 28, of Hitchin, was appointed by North Herts District Council as markets manager on Thursday. Mr Raperport has always had a passion for markets like his father, who
ROYSTON Market has a new manager - and he says it has a "strong future".
Lance Raperport, 28, of Hitchin, was appointed by North Herts District Council as markets manager on Thursday.
Mr Raperport has always had a passion for markets like his father, who was a market trader.
He said: "I'm looking forward to working with the traders and the district council to strengthen Royston's historic market, which has been at the heart of the community for centuries.
"It has a strong future and I'm pleased that I will be part of that," he said.
Mr Raperport, who helped his parents to run their stall and has had a career in retail, will also take over as manager of markets in Hitchin and Baldock.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
Cllr Ian Knighton, portfolio holder responsible for markets, said: "It is wonderful to have someone of Lance's calibre and enthusiasm on board."
Cllr Knighton said the district council was committed to "revitalising the market".