Market man is named
ROYSTON Market has a new manager – and he says it has a strong future . Lance Raperport, 28, of Hitchin, was appointed by North Herts District Council as markets manager on Thursday. Mr Raperport has always had a passion for markets like his father, who
ROYSTON Market has a new manager - and he says it has a "strong future".
Lance Raperport, 28, of Hitchin, was appointed by North Herts District Council as markets manager on Thursday.
Mr Raperport has always had a passion for markets like his father, who was a market trader.
He said: "I'm looking forward to working with the traders and the district council to strengthen Royston's historic market, which has been at the heart of the community for centuries.
You may also want to watch:
"It has a strong future and I'm pleased that I will be part of that," he said.
Mr Raperport, who helped his parents to run their stall and has had a career in retail, will also take over as manager of markets in Hitchin and Baldock.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Cllr Ian Knighton, portfolio holder responsible for markets, said: "It is wonderful to have someone of Lance's calibre and enthusiasm on board."
Cllr Knighton said the district council was committed to "revitalising the market".