Market man is named
ROYSTON Market has a new manager – and he says it has a strong future . Lance Raperport, 28, of Hitchin, was appointed by North Herts District Council as markets manager on Thursday. Mr Raperport has always had a passion for markets like his father, who
ROYSTON Market has a new manager - and he says it has a "strong future".
Lance Raperport, 28, of Hitchin, was appointed by North Herts District Council as markets manager on Thursday.
Mr Raperport has always had a passion for markets like his father, who was a market trader.
He said: "I'm looking forward to working with the traders and the district council to strengthen Royston's historic market, which has been at the heart of the community for centuries.
You may also want to watch:
"It has a strong future and I'm pleased that I will be part of that," he said.
Mr Raperport, who helped his parents to run their stall and has had a career in retail, will also take over as manager of markets in Hitchin and Baldock.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Cllr Ian Knighton, portfolio holder responsible for markets, said: "It is wonderful to have someone of Lance's calibre and enthusiasm on board."
Cllr Knighton said the district council was committed to "revitalising the market".