Market down as a great day
THE rain didn t dampen spirits at this year s Barkway Street Market as more than 3,000 people turned up for the annual event on Saturday. The event, organised by members of the village hall committee, saw a variety of stalls and entertainment, from the Ro
THE rain didn't dampen spirits at this year's Barkway Street Market as more than 3,000 people turned up for the annual event on Saturday.
The event, organised by members of the village hall committee, saw a variety of stalls and entertainment, from the Royston Town Band to crafts stalls.
Ros Richardson, vice-chairman of the village hall committee, said: "It went really well, the figures were down very little on last year which was great.
"Everyone had a really good day and there was a large variety of stalls.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a typical English countryside event which attracted people from near and far."
The market helps to raise funds for the upkeep of the village hall.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
Mrs Richardson said: "The funds raised has enabled us to be able to subsidise the village hall, and if we didn't it would run up a loss of £2,500-a-year.