Marilyn Monroe movie filmed in Crow Country
A FILM which breathes life into one of cinema’s most famous sex symbols was filmed in Crow Country and is due to be released on Friday.
Marilyn Monroe’s visit to England to make 1957’s The Prince and the Showgirl has been recreated with IWM Duxford standing in for a national airport.
My Week With Marilyn, directed by Simon Curtis features an all-star cast, including Michelle Williams, Dougray Scott, Kenneth Branagh, Judi Dench, Zoe Wanamaker and Harry Potter star Emma Watson.
Donal Woods, locations manager for My Week with Marilyn, said: “I’ve filmed at IWM Duxford previously and know that the museum has the best stock of commercial airliners in existence that are easily accessible.
“We wanted to use a location that had space and presence and that was very much inkeeping with the period. The whole feel was right for us.”
You may also want to watch:
The sequences filmed at IWM Duxford show Marilyn Monroe, played by Michelle Williams – who has appeared in Dawson’s Creek and Brokeback Mountain, and Arthur Miller, played by Dougray Scott, arriving in the UK by aircraft in July 1956 and attending a press conference after they have disembarked from the flight.
The aircraft used was the Monarch owned by Duxford Aviation Society, on permanent display at IWM Duxford.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
Further sequences show Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe, shooting a screen test.
My Week With Marilyn is based on two books by Colin Clark and focuses on the week the star was escorted around Britain by Clark, after her husband, Arthur Miller, left the country.