Marie Curie Cancer Care launches Royston fundraising group at Blooming Great Tea Party
A blooming great time is in store for anyone who attends a charity tea party in Royston next week.
The newly formed Marie Curie Cancer Care Royston and District fundraising group are holding a Blooming Great Tea Party to raise funds for the charity, and are calling on the people of Royston to support the event.
The tea party is taking place at Ad Hoc bar and kitchen in The Old Court House, Fish Hill on Friday, June 20, from 10am-midday and will include the official launch of the group and their first fundraising activity.
Money raised from the event will help Marie Curie Nurses to provide more free care to people with terminal illnesses in their own homes.
Sandrine Gamaury, chairman of the Royston and District group said “We would like to invite everyone to our Blooming Great Tea Party on June 20 to help raise funds for Marie Curie. It’s going to be a fantastic event with tea, coffee, cake and an amazing raffle. The more money we raise, the more free care Marie Curie Nurses can provide to terminally ill people in Hertfordshire as well as vital emotional support for their families.”
You may also want to watch:
The Royston group’s tea party is part of many others that are taking place across the country between June 20 and 29 as part of Marie Curie’s Blooming Great Tea Party campaign.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance