Marie Curie Cancer Care launches Royston fundraising group at Blooming Great Tea Party
A blooming great time is in store for anyone who attends a charity tea party in Royston next week.
The newly formed Marie Curie Cancer Care Royston and District fundraising group are holding a Blooming Great Tea Party to raise funds for the charity, and are calling on the people of Royston to support the event.
The tea party is taking place at Ad Hoc bar and kitchen in The Old Court House, Fish Hill on Friday, June 20, from 10am-midday and will include the official launch of the group and their first fundraising activity.
Money raised from the event will help Marie Curie Nurses to provide more free care to people with terminal illnesses in their own homes.
Sandrine Gamaury, chairman of the Royston and District group said “We would like to invite everyone to our Blooming Great Tea Party on June 20 to help raise funds for Marie Curie. It’s going to be a fantastic event with tea, coffee, cake and an amazing raffle. The more money we raise, the more free care Marie Curie Nurses can provide to terminally ill people in Hertfordshire as well as vital emotional support for their families.”
You may also want to watch:
The Royston group’s tea party is part of many others that are taking place across the country between June 20 and 29 as part of Marie Curie’s Blooming Great Tea Party campaign.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob