Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- Credit: Margaret House
A residential home for people with dementia celebrated its 50th anniversary as a family-run care home last weekend.
Margaret House, in Church End, Royston, had double cause for celebration, as the milestone coincided with the home being voted one of the top 20 care homes in the East of England for 2021.
Although the celebrations had to be more low-key than originally planned , staff and residents were still able to enjoy the afternoon, celebrating with a special cake, fizz and in-house entertainment.
Staff were also given a celebratory '50th' bottle of fizz to take home from owners Thomas and Gail.
Thomas said: "I can't believe that it has been 50 years since my parents first opened Margaret House.
You may also want to watch:
"I really wish that my parents could have been here today, as I know that they would have been as proud as my wife and I are at seeing how Margaret House has continued to grow and develop over the years."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre