Marathon man David ready for challenge
A DEPUTY head teacher has begun training for his first Flora London Marathon. David Atkins, of The Meridian School, Royston, has been contemplating the challenge for the past five years and is finally taking the plunge in April. It s such a special event
A DEPUTY head teacher has begun training for his first Flora London Marathon.
David Atkins, of The Meridian School, Royston, has been contemplating the challenge for the past five years and is finally taking the plunge in April.
"It's such a special event," he said. "I have had family and friends take part in previous years and the atmosphere has been great."
Mr Atkins will be raising funds for a charity which is close to his heart - St Elizabeth's School and Home in Much Hadham.
You may also want to watch:
It provides care, support and education to people suffering from epilepsy and associated disabilities, and is home to his sister-in-law.
Mr Atkins has been training five hours a week, and hopes to complete the course in under four hours.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
He said: "Seventeen miles is the longest I've run, so it depends on how well my knees hold out!
"The most satisfying and rewarding part will be crossing the finishing line."
Anyone who would like to sponsor David should e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: www.stelizabeths.org.uk