Man ‘tries to get into woman’s car’ as she sits in Royston traffic
- Credit: Archant
Police have warned people in Royston to ‘remain vigilant’ after reports of a man trying to get into a woman’s car.
The woman was sitting in traffic by the roundabout for the town hall on Tuesday at about 5.30pm when the man looked through the car window, and then tried to open the door, which was locked.
The man was talking but the woman could not hear what he was saying. Another car sounded its horn and the man ran off.
It has not been established what his intentions were.
North Herts Chief Insp Julie Wheatley said: “We take reports of this nature seriously and would always encourage people to report any suspicious activity to us. I would like to take this opportunity to remind drivers to remain vigilant.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge