Man ‘tries to get into woman’s car’ as she sits in Royston traffic
- Credit: Archant
Police have warned people in Royston to ‘remain vigilant’ after reports of a man trying to get into a woman’s car.
The woman was sitting in traffic by the roundabout for the town hall on Tuesday at about 5.30pm when the man looked through the car window, and then tried to open the door, which was locked.
The man was talking but the woman could not hear what he was saying. Another car sounded its horn and the man ran off.
It has not been established what his intentions were.
North Herts Chief Insp Julie Wheatley said: “We take reports of this nature seriously and would always encourage people to report any suspicious activity to us. I would like to take this opportunity to remind drivers to remain vigilant.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 4 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 5 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 6 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 7 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn