Man ‘tries to get into woman’s car’ as she sits in Royston traffic
- Credit: Archant
Police have warned people in Royston to ‘remain vigilant’ after reports of a man trying to get into a woman’s car.
The woman was sitting in traffic by the roundabout for the town hall on Tuesday at about 5.30pm when the man looked through the car window, and then tried to open the door, which was locked.
The man was talking but the woman could not hear what he was saying. Another car sounded its horn and the man ran off.
It has not been established what his intentions were.
North Herts Chief Insp Julie Wheatley said: “We take reports of this nature seriously and would always encourage people to report any suspicious activity to us. I would like to take this opportunity to remind drivers to remain vigilant.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft