Man ‘tries to get into woman’s car’ as she sits in Royston traffic
- Credit: Archant
Police have warned people in Royston to ‘remain vigilant’ after reports of a man trying to get into a woman’s car.
The woman was sitting in traffic by the roundabout for the town hall on Tuesday at about 5.30pm when the man looked through the car window, and then tried to open the door, which was locked.
The man was talking but the woman could not hear what he was saying. Another car sounded its horn and the man ran off.
It has not been established what his intentions were.
North Herts Chief Insp Julie Wheatley said: “We take reports of this nature seriously and would always encourage people to report any suspicious activity to us. I would like to take this opportunity to remind drivers to remain vigilant.”
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party