Man taken to hospital after house fire in Royston

Fire crews were called after the fire in Green Street.

Fire crews were called after the fire in Green Street. - Credit: Archant

A man has been taken to hospital after a house was filled with smoke in the early hours of this morning in Royston.

The kitchen was filled with smoke due to plastic left in the oven, but the fire was out by the time the crew from Royston arrived.

A rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew were sent to assist after the fire in Green Street, and a man was treated for smoke inhalation.

The patient was taken to Lister Hospital for further treatment, but it is not believed his injuries are life-threatening.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter