Man taken to hospital after house fire in Royston
PUBLISHED: 12:03 09 May 2016 | UPDATED: 12:25 09 May 2016
A man has been taken to hospital after a house was filled with smoke in the early hours of this morning in Royston.
The kitchen was filled with smoke due to plastic left in the oven, but the fire was out by the time the crew from Royston arrived.
A rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew were sent to assist after the fire in Green Street, and a man was treated for smoke inhalation.
The patient was taken to Lister Hospital for further treatment, but it is not believed his injuries are life-threatening.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Royston Crow. Click the link in the orange box above for details.