Man sectioned after police stand-off
A MAN has been sectioned under the mental health act after a police stand off in Royston.
Police evacuated flats in Field Crescent and the incident was attended by armed officers.
The man was believed to be alone and officers were called as there were concerns over his safety.
A police spokesman said: “At 5.10pm a man was detained and has been sectioned under the mental health act and members of the public are being let into areas around the incident.”
Hertfordshire Constabulary were unsure of how many officers were in attendance – but they said there were more unarmed officers than armed.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters and the ambulance service were also in attendance.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal