Man sectioned after police stand-off
A MAN has been sectioned under the mental health act after a police stand off in Royston.
Police evacuated flats in Field Crescent and the incident was attended by armed officers.
The man was believed to be alone and officers were called as there were concerns over his safety.
A police spokesman said: “At 5.10pm a man was detained and has been sectioned under the mental health act and members of the public are being let into areas around the incident.”
Hertfordshire Constabulary were unsure of how many officers were in attendance – but they said there were more unarmed officers than armed.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters and the ambulance service were also in attendance.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021