Man sectioned after police stand-off
A MAN has been sectioned under the mental health act after a police stand off in Royston.
Police evacuated flats in Field Crescent and the incident was attended by armed officers.
The man was believed to be alone and officers were called as there were concerns over his safety.
A police spokesman said: “At 5.10pm a man was detained and has been sectioned under the mental health act and members of the public are being let into areas around the incident.”
Hertfordshire Constabulary were unsure of how many officers were in attendance – but they said there were more unarmed officers than armed.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters and the ambulance service were also in attendance.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued