Man sectioned after police stand-off
A MAN has been sectioned under the mental health act after a police stand off in Royston.
Police evacuated flats in Field Crescent and the incident was attended by armed officers.
The man was believed to be alone and officers were called as there were concerns over his safety.
A police spokesman said: “At 5.10pm a man was detained and has been sectioned under the mental health act and members of the public are being let into areas around the incident.”
Hertfordshire Constabulary were unsure of how many officers were in attendance – but they said there were more unarmed officers than armed.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters and the ambulance service were also in attendance.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now