Family pay tribute to man who died following A505 crash near Duxford
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a 34-year-old man who died in hospital following a crash near Duxford last Sunday (November 18).
Alessandro Zarrelli, of Ffordd Sain Ffwyst, Llanfoist, Abergavenny, was driving his blue Mini One from Royston towards Duxford on the A505 at about 8.55am when it was in collision with a brown Volkswagen Caddy.
Mr Zarrelli was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital but died yesterday afternoon as a result of his injuries.
His family said: “The tragic loss of Alessandro is an extremely sad moment for our family, however we are very grateful to the staff at Addenbrooke’s Hospital and Cambridgeshire Police for their care, sensitivity and thoughtfulness.
“We also hope all the other people involved in the accident will promptly and fully recover.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody who saw the collision, or the vehicles leading up to it, is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101 quoting incident 110 of the 18 November.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event