Family pay tribute to man who died following A505 crash near Duxford
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a 34-year-old man who died in hospital following a crash near Duxford last Sunday (November 18).
Alessandro Zarrelli, of Ffordd Sain Ffwyst, Llanfoist, Abergavenny, was driving his blue Mini One from Royston towards Duxford on the A505 at about 8.55am when it was in collision with a brown Volkswagen Caddy.
Mr Zarrelli was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital but died yesterday afternoon as a result of his injuries.
His family said: “The tragic loss of Alessandro is an extremely sad moment for our family, however we are very grateful to the staff at Addenbrooke’s Hospital and Cambridgeshire Police for their care, sensitivity and thoughtfulness.
“We also hope all the other people involved in the accident will promptly and fully recover.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody who saw the collision, or the vehicles leading up to it, is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101 quoting incident 110 of the 18 November.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone