Family pay tribute to man who died following A505 crash near Duxford
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a 34-year-old man who died in hospital following a crash near Duxford last Sunday (November 18).
Alessandro Zarrelli, of Ffordd Sain Ffwyst, Llanfoist, Abergavenny, was driving his blue Mini One from Royston towards Duxford on the A505 at about 8.55am when it was in collision with a brown Volkswagen Caddy.
Mr Zarrelli was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital but died yesterday afternoon as a result of his injuries.
His family said: “The tragic loss of Alessandro is an extremely sad moment for our family, however we are very grateful to the staff at Addenbrooke’s Hospital and Cambridgeshire Police for their care, sensitivity and thoughtfulness.
“We also hope all the other people involved in the accident will promptly and fully recover.”
Anybody who saw the collision, or the vehicles leading up to it, is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101 quoting incident 110 of the 18 November.
- 1 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 2 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 7 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash