Man killed in road collision
A PEDESTRIAN died in a road accident while he was walking from Melbourn to Royston.
Peter King, 49, of Swinburn Close, Royston, was in a collision with a white Vauxhall van at about 5.15am on Saturday.
The accident occurred on the A10, just north of the junction with the A505.
The driver, a 36-year-old man from Royston, was not injured in the accident.
The road was shut for several hours while officers from Cambridgeshire police investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information from anyone who might have seen Mr King on the morning of the accident.
Anyone who thinks they may be able to provide help should contact Sgt Steve Watson on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy