Man killed in road collision
A PEDESTRIAN died in a road accident while he was walking from Melbourn to Royston.
Peter King, 49, of Swinburn Close, Royston, was in a collision with a white Vauxhall van at about 5.15am on Saturday.
The accident occurred on the A10, just north of the junction with the A505.
The driver, a 36-year-old man from Royston, was not injured in the accident.
The road was shut for several hours while officers from Cambridgeshire police investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information from anyone who might have seen Mr King on the morning of the accident.
Anyone who thinks they may be able to provide help should contact Sgt Steve Watson on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 4 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston