Man killed in road collision
A PEDESTRIAN died in a road accident while he was walking from Melbourn to Royston.
Peter King, 49, of Swinburn Close, Royston, was in a collision with a white Vauxhall van at about 5.15am on Saturday.
The accident occurred on the A10, just north of the junction with the A505.
The driver, a 36-year-old man from Royston, was not injured in the accident.
The road was shut for several hours while officers from Cambridgeshire police investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information from anyone who might have seen Mr King on the morning of the accident.
Anyone who thinks they may be able to provide help should contact Sgt Steve Watson on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend