Man killed in road collision
A PEDESTRIAN died in a road accident while he was walking from Melbourn to Royston.
Peter King, 49, of Swinburn Close, Royston, was in a collision with a white Vauxhall van at about 5.15am on Saturday.
The accident occurred on the A10, just north of the junction with the A505.
The driver, a 36-year-old man from Royston, was not injured in the accident.
The road was shut for several hours while officers from Cambridgeshire police investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information from anyone who might have seen Mr King on the morning of the accident.
Anyone who thinks they may be able to provide help should contact Sgt Steve Watson on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences