Man in intensive care after street assault
A MAN remains very poorly in hospital after being assaulted outside a night club on Saturday night. William Pleasants, 23, of Barrington, is in the intensive care unit at Lincoln County hospital after the incident, which took place at about 1.30am ou
A MAN remains "very poorly" in hospital after being assaulted outside a night club on Saturday night.
William Pleasants, 23, of Barrington, is in the intensive care unit at Lincoln County hospital after the incident, which took place at about 1.30am outside the Engine Shed in Ropewalk, Lincoln.
Mr Pleasants had lost consciousness when police arrived at the scene, and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
A police spokesman said he remains "very poorly".
It is believed Mr Pleasants was in Lincoln visiting his sister, who attends university in the city.
Following initial investigations, five men and one woman, who are door staff at the Engine Shed, were arrested and taken to Lincoln police station for questioning. They were later bailed to return to the police station later this month.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Det Supt Roger Bannister, who is leading the investigation into the incident, said: "I need to establish how this young man came to be injured.
"There is a lot of rumour around the city but I need the facts.