Man in intensive care after street assault
A MAN remains very poorly in hospital after being assaulted outside a night club on Saturday night. William Pleasants, 23, of Barrington, is in the intensive care unit at Lincoln County hospital after the incident, which took place at about 1.30am ou
A MAN remains "very poorly" in hospital after being assaulted outside a night club on Saturday night.
William Pleasants, 23, of Barrington, is in the intensive care unit at Lincoln County hospital after the incident, which took place at about 1.30am outside the Engine Shed in Ropewalk, Lincoln.
Mr Pleasants had lost consciousness when police arrived at the scene, and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
A police spokesman said he remains "very poorly".
You may also want to watch:
It is believed Mr Pleasants was in Lincoln visiting his sister, who attends university in the city.
Following initial investigations, five men and one woman, who are door staff at the Engine Shed, were arrested and taken to Lincoln police station for questioning. They were later bailed to return to the police station later this month.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Det Supt Roger Bannister, who is leading the investigation into the incident, said: "I need to establish how this young man came to be injured.
"There is a lot of rumour around the city but I need the facts.