Man in intensive care after street assault
A MAN remains very poorly in hospital after being assaulted outside a night club on Saturday night. William Pleasants, 23, of Barrington, is in the intensive care unit at Lincoln County hospital after the incident, which took place at about 1.30am ou
A MAN remains "very poorly" in hospital after being assaulted outside a night club on Saturday night.
William Pleasants, 23, of Barrington, is in the intensive care unit at Lincoln County hospital after the incident, which took place at about 1.30am outside the Engine Shed in Ropewalk, Lincoln.
Mr Pleasants had lost consciousness when police arrived at the scene, and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
A police spokesman said he remains "very poorly".
You may also want to watch:
It is believed Mr Pleasants was in Lincoln visiting his sister, who attends university in the city.
Following initial investigations, five men and one woman, who are door staff at the Engine Shed, were arrested and taken to Lincoln police station for questioning. They were later bailed to return to the police station later this month.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Det Supt Roger Bannister, who is leading the investigation into the incident, said: "I need to establish how this young man came to be injured.
"There is a lot of rumour around the city but I need the facts.