Man in balaclava robs Royston bookmakers
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting for a man who robbed a Royston bookmakers after jumping over the counter while wearing a balaclava.
The robbery took place at Betfred in Melbourn Street at around 6.30pm onn Monday, December 18.
The man – who was wearing a black balaclava and was in possession of a makeshift weapon – is said to have jumped over the counter at the bookmakers and stole cash, before making off.
He is described as white, of medium to stocky build and was wearing a black long sleeve top with a collar, a checked shirt, black gloves, black jeans and brown lace-up shoes.
Dt Con Georgie Peggie from the North Herts Local Crime Unit said: “Thankfully no one was hurt during the incident. I am appealing for anyone who may have seen a man matching this description to please get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“Any information, no matter how seemingly insignificant, could assist our investigation.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact North Herts Local Crime Unit via the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference G4/17/1228. You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 8 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council