Man in balaclava robs Royston bookmakers
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting for a man who robbed a Royston bookmakers after jumping over the counter while wearing a balaclava.
The robbery took place at Betfred in Melbourn Street at around 6.30pm onn Monday, December 18.
The man – who was wearing a black balaclava and was in possession of a makeshift weapon – is said to have jumped over the counter at the bookmakers and stole cash, before making off.
He is described as white, of medium to stocky build and was wearing a black long sleeve top with a collar, a checked shirt, black gloves, black jeans and brown lace-up shoes.
Dt Con Georgie Peggie from the North Herts Local Crime Unit said: “Thankfully no one was hurt during the incident. I am appealing for anyone who may have seen a man matching this description to please get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“Any information, no matter how seemingly insignificant, could assist our investigation.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact North Herts Local Crime Unit via the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference G4/17/1228. You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses