Man hospitalised with serious injuries after car rolls down 20ft verge in A10 Royston crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following a two-vehicle crash on the A10 at Royston yesterday (Saturday) where a car rolled down a 20ft verge and into a ditch.
Emergency services, including the Magpas Air Ambulance, were called at around 12.35pm to London Road after reports of a two vehicle collision.
One of the cars involved – with a family of four inside – veered off the road following the crash, rolling down a 20ft verge before coming to a halt in a ditch.
Two children from the car had been helped by passers-by and were out on arrival, but paramedics and firefighters worked for more than two hours to cut free a man and woman who were trapped inside.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said the man suffered serious injuries to his chest, pelvis and leg and was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge along with the woman, whose injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Both patients are believed to be in a stable condition.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 7 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 The bells are back in town!
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations