Man hospitalised with serious injuries after car rolls down 20ft verge in A10 Royston crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following a two-vehicle crash on the A10 at Royston yesterday (Saturday) where a car rolled down a 20ft verge and into a ditch.
Emergency services, including the Magpas Air Ambulance, were called at around 12.35pm to London Road after reports of a two vehicle collision.
One of the cars involved – with a family of four inside – veered off the road following the crash, rolling down a 20ft verge before coming to a halt in a ditch.
Two children from the car had been helped by passers-by and were out on arrival, but paramedics and firefighters worked for more than two hours to cut free a man and woman who were trapped inside.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said the man suffered serious injuries to his chest, pelvis and leg and was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge along with the woman, whose injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Both patients are believed to be in a stable condition.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Dial M for an interesting look at the macabre
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre