Man hospitalised with serious injuries after car rolls down 20ft verge in A10 Royston crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following a two-vehicle crash on the A10 at Royston yesterday (Saturday) where a car rolled down a 20ft verge and into a ditch.
Emergency services, including the Magpas Air Ambulance, were called at around 12.35pm to London Road after reports of a two vehicle collision.
One of the cars involved – with a family of four inside – veered off the road following the crash, rolling down a 20ft verge before coming to a halt in a ditch.
Two children from the car had been helped by passers-by and were out on arrival, but paramedics and firefighters worked for more than two hours to cut free a man and woman who were trapped inside.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said the man suffered serious injuries to his chest, pelvis and leg and was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge along with the woman, whose injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Both patients are believed to be in a stable condition.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show