Man hospitalised with serious injuries after car rolls down 20ft verge in A10 Royston crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following a two-vehicle crash on the A10 at Royston yesterday (Saturday) where a car rolled down a 20ft verge and into a ditch.
Emergency services, including the Magpas Air Ambulance, were called at around 12.35pm to London Road after reports of a two vehicle collision.
One of the cars involved – with a family of four inside – veered off the road following the crash, rolling down a 20ft verge before coming to a halt in a ditch.
Two children from the car had been helped by passers-by and were out on arrival, but paramedics and firefighters worked for more than two hours to cut free a man and woman who were trapped inside.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said the man suffered serious injuries to his chest, pelvis and leg and was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge along with the woman, whose injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Both patients are believed to be in a stable condition.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 7 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'