Man forces way into Melbourn house, sees victims, then turns round and runs away
- Credit: Archant
Things didn’t quite go to plan when a man burgled a property in Melbourn on Monday afternoon.
He forced open the door of the home in Greenbanks, but there were two occupants inside the house at the time who were alerted to the noise.
When the man saw the victims he turned around and left – running towards the High Street.
The incident occurred at about 3.45pm, and the man is described as white, 5ft 9in, aged 21 to 40, with short ginger hair.
Nothing was taken.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston