Man forces way into Melbourn house, sees victims, then turns round and runs away
- Credit: Archant
Things didn’t quite go to plan when a man burgled a property in Melbourn on Monday afternoon.
He forced open the door of the home in Greenbanks, but there were two occupants inside the house at the time who were alerted to the noise.
When the man saw the victims he turned around and left – running towards the High Street.
The incident occurred at about 3.45pm, and the man is described as white, 5ft 9in, aged 21 to 40, with short ginger hair.
Nothing was taken.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Letchworth triumph over Royston in inaugural match