Man dies following two-car crash on the A10 near Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a two-car crash yesterday.
The man, who has not yet been named, suffered fatal injuries when the blue Toyota Yaris he was driving was in a collision with a grey Volvo S80 on the A10 near Melbourn. The incident occurred at 5pm on Sunday near the junction with Station Road.
A 22-year-old man from Cambridge who was a passenger in the Yaris, and suffered minor injuries, while a 36-year-old woman, also a passenger and from Cambridge, suffered serious but not life threatening injuries.
The driver of the Volvo, a 67-year-old man from Doddington, suffered slight injuries. No-one else was in the vehicle. The air ambulance attended the scene, but the injured trio were taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Fire fighters from Royston and Buntingford attended to assist crews from Cambridgeshire at the scene, with one of the cars having caught fire. The A10 was closed during the incident, with traffice diverted through Melbourn.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the collision or either vehicle involved just prior to contact them. The Toyota was travelling north and the Volvo south.
Anyone with information should contact the collision investigation unit on 101.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 4 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 5 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?