Man dies following collision on the A505
A MAN has died following a collision on the A505 this morning.
Police are appealing for witnessess to come forward after the man, thought to be in his 20s and from Royston, died after being involved in a collision with a car near the Slip End Farm on the A505 near Ashwell.
The incident took place at about 5.30am. It is believed the man was walking towards Royston between the two Ashwell junctions, when he was in collision with a Black BMW. A number of vehicles stopped at the scene, however it is believed further cars drove past and may also have been in collision with the victim.
Sergeant Neil Emmerson from the Hertfordshire Police Road Policing Unit said: “My thoughts are with the man’s family at this very distressing time.
“We are carrying out enquiries at the scene of the collision, however we’d like to speak with anyone who drove eastbound on the A505 this morning around the time of the incident at 5.30am or shortly after. You may not have realised you had been involved in a collision but we’d like to speak to you as you could greatly assist the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Sgt Emmerson or the Road Crash Investigation Unit on 101.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 10 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday