Man dies following collision on the A505
A MAN has died following a collision on the A505 this morning.
Police are appealing for witnessess to come forward after the man, thought to be in his 20s and from Royston, died after being involved in a collision with a car near the Slip End Farm on the A505 near Ashwell.
The incident took place at about 5.30am. It is believed the man was walking towards Royston between the two Ashwell junctions, when he was in collision with a Black BMW. A number of vehicles stopped at the scene, however it is believed further cars drove past and may also have been in collision with the victim.
Sergeant Neil Emmerson from the Hertfordshire Police Road Policing Unit said: “My thoughts are with the man’s family at this very distressing time.
“We are carrying out enquiries at the scene of the collision, however we’d like to speak with anyone who drove eastbound on the A505 this morning around the time of the incident at 5.30am or shortly after. You may not have realised you had been involved in a collision but we’d like to speak to you as you could greatly assist the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Sgt Emmerson or the Road Crash Investigation Unit on 101.
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston