Man dies after Barkway sports car collision
A MAN has died after a sports car collided with a tree near Barkway.
The collision took place at around midday today (Thursday) and it is believed the blue Audi TT came off the road before striking a tree.
A police spokesman said officers were alerted at 12.30pm to the incident which took place close to Newsells Park.
The driver, a local man, died at the scene.
Paramedics and firefighters were also in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Anyone who believes they witnessed this collision is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford