Man dies after Barkway sports car collision
A MAN has died after a sports car collided with a tree near Barkway.
The collision took place at around midday today (Thursday) and it is believed the blue Audi TT came off the road before striking a tree.
A police spokesman said officers were alerted at 12.30pm to the incident which took place close to Newsells Park.
The driver, a local man, died at the scene.
Paramedics and firefighters were also in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Anyone who believes they witnessed this collision is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation