Man dies after Barkway sports car collision
A MAN has died after a sports car collided with a tree near Barkway.
The collision took place at around midday today (Thursday) and it is believed the blue Audi TT came off the road before striking a tree.
A police spokesman said officers were alerted at 12.30pm to the incident which took place close to Newsells Park.
The driver, a local man, died at the scene.
Paramedics and firefighters were also in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Anyone who believes they witnessed this collision is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 4 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 7 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 8 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Flasher admits touching himself in public and assaulting police officers