Man dies after Barkway sports car collision
A MAN has died after a sports car collided with a tree near Barkway.
The collision took place at around midday today (Thursday) and it is believed the blue Audi TT came off the road before striking a tree.
A police spokesman said officers were alerted at 12.30pm to the incident which took place close to Newsells Park.
The driver, a local man, died at the scene.
Paramedics and firefighters were also in attendance.
A police spokesman said: “Anyone who believes they witnessed this collision is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure