Man dies after Barkway sports car collision
A MAN has died after a sports car collided with a tree near Barkway.
The collision took place at around midday today (Thursday) and it is believed the blue Audi TT came off the road before striking a tree.
A police spokesman said officers were alerted at 12.30pm to the incident which took place close to Newsells Park.
The driver, a local man, died at the scene.
Paramedics and firefighters were also in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Anyone who believes they witnessed this collision is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 5 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 6 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 7 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 8 Send us photos of your exotic pets!
- 9 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 10 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal