Man denies murder of 21-year-old Melbourn man in Cambridge hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man has denied murdering a 21-year-old Melbourn man who died as a result of a Cambridge hit and run.
Alex Jeffery, of Orchard Road, died from head injuries a week after he was hit by a car outside the Cambridge City Hotel in the early hours of November 1.
He had been involved in an altercation in the street prior to the incident.
Jack Mulcahy, from Capulet Court in Huntingdon, pleaded not guilty to murder at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday.
The 24-year-old also denied one count of actual bodily harm and five drug-related charges.
You may also want to watch:
He was charged with two counts of supplying Class A drugs and counts of possession of Class A, B and C drugs.
Mr Mulcahy will reappear for trial at Cambridge Crown Court on April 27.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club