Man denies murder of 21-year-old Melbourn man in Cambridge hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man has denied murdering a 21-year-old Melbourn man who died as a result of a Cambridge hit and run.
Alex Jeffery, of Orchard Road, died from head injuries a week after he was hit by a car outside the Cambridge City Hotel in the early hours of November 1.
He had been involved in an altercation in the street prior to the incident.
Jack Mulcahy, from Capulet Court in Huntingdon, pleaded not guilty to murder at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday.
The 24-year-old also denied one count of actual bodily harm and five drug-related charges.
You may also want to watch:
He was charged with two counts of supplying Class A drugs and counts of possession of Class A, B and C drugs.
Mr Mulcahy will reappear for trial at Cambridge Crown Court on April 27.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 7 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 8 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 9 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks