Making a splash
SWIMMERS completed almost 1,900 lengths covering a distance of 30 miles in raising money for charity. The achievement came in this year s Rotary Club of Royston s Swimathon at the Royston Leisure Centre. Organisers are hoping that the event will raise mor
SWIMMERS completed almost 1,900 lengths covering a distance of 30 miles in raising money for charity.
The achievement came in this year's Rotary Club of Royston's Swimathon at the Royston Leisure Centre.
Organisers are hoping that the event will raise more than £6,000 achieved from last year's swimathon.
Money raised from the event will be donated to Meldreth Manor School, the East Anglia Children's Hospice and the children's oncology unit at Addenbrooke's hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Jim Webb described the event as "a great success".
Each of the three charities was represented at the event - and members of The Open House in Royston, which was given a donation last year, took part for a second year.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended