Making a splash
SWIMMERS completed almost 1,900 lengths covering a distance of 30 miles in raising money for charity. The achievement came in this year s Rotary Club of Royston s Swimathon at the Royston Leisure Centre. Organisers are hoping that the event will raise mor
SWIMMERS completed almost 1,900 lengths covering a distance of 30 miles in raising money for charity.
The achievement came in this year's Rotary Club of Royston's Swimathon at the Royston Leisure Centre.
Organisers are hoping that the event will raise more than £6,000 achieved from last year's swimathon.
Money raised from the event will be donated to Meldreth Manor School, the East Anglia Children's Hospice and the children's oncology unit at Addenbrooke's hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Jim Webb described the event as "a great success".
Each of the three charities was represented at the event - and members of The Open House in Royston, which was given a donation last year, took part for a second year.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe