Make yourself at home in Ashwell
THE ever-popular Ashwell-at-Home event takes place this Sunday (May 10). This open Village event has been running annually since 1983, and is a community event with proceeds being shared between Ashwell Village Museum, St Mary s Church and the Village Sc
THE ever-popular Ashwell-at-Home event takes place this Sunday (May 10).
This open Village event has been running annually since 1983, and is a community event with proceeds being shared between Ashwell Village Museum, St Mary's Church and the Village School.
A spokesman for the organisers said: "The day is run entirely by volunteers from the Village. This year we will have twelve gardens of all shapes, sizes and styles open for visitors to admire."
In addition there will be Morris Dancers, veteran Cars and vintage Tractors around the Village. As well as all this the day will feature a table top sale at the School and a special exhibition of farming at the Museum.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: "As always it promises to be a real community event."
Ashwell at Home will run from noon - 6pm on Sunday, May 10. Tickets cost �5 per Adult with children under 14 going free. There is also a free car park where visitors can buy the programmes.
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife