Major recycling survey planned for South Cambridgeshire
RESIDENTS of Crow Country are set to be quizzed on their recycling habits. During the next month, district council representatives will visit about 3,500 homes in South Cambridgeshire will be asked their views on recycling, in particular whether they have
RESIDENTS of Crow Country are set to be quizzed on their recycling habits.
During the next month, district council representatives will visit about 3,500 homes in South Cambridgeshire will be asked their views on recycling, in particular whether they have any difficulties trying to use the recycling services available to them.
Cllr Sue Ellington, portfolio holder for environmental services at the South Cambridgeshire district council, said: "This campaign is taking recycling advice directly to our residents. Thanks to them, we already have one of the best recycling and composting rates in the country, but we can't afford to rest on our laurels.
"We need to increase what we recycle and decrease what's sent to landfill and we know that some people don't use all the services available to them. We're keen to understand just what difficulties people experience and how we can help to overcome these.
You may also want to watch:
The visits to households are designed to identify any barriers to recycling and ensure that all residents are able to use recycling services, which help to save valuable resources and fast-decreasing landfill space.
Cllr Ellington added: "We recognise that these difficult financial times bring their own challenges, but it's vital for all our pockets, and the environment, that we keep recycling high on the agenda. Recycling, reusing and composting more will save the council - and our residents - vital money in landfill tax, and that means more money to spend on our services.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing