MADS to kick off panto season with Cinderella in Meldreth
- Credit: Archant
With the festive season approaching, Melbourn Amateur Dramatics Society are busy putting the final touches in their annual Christmas pantomime.
A production of Cinderella – What Could Possibly Go Wrong? will be staged over four performances at Meldreth Village Hall next weekend.
Combining both matinee and evening shows, this latest production is designed to provide fun and frolics for all the family across all ages.
This is the sixth successive year MADS have staged a Christmas pantomime production.
Ever popular, these shows always sell out and have come to mark the start of the festive season in Crow country. This not-for-profit society are growing from strength to strength and attract ticket buyers from not only South Cambridgeshire villages but also from much further afield.
MADS have been fortunate enough to have secured funding over the last 12 months from South Cambs Community Chest fund and also from Melbourn and Meldreth parish councils, which has enabled the purchase of some fabulous new costumes and also to make improvements at Meldreth Village Hall – leading to new scenery for their productions.
The show is a traditional and much-loved story of Cinderella who lives in Hardup Hall with her wicked stepmother and her two cruel step sisters.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
When the news comes of a grand ball at the palace, Cinderella would love to go, but she is just a servant so how could that ever be possible?
But the unexpected arrival of her Fairy Godmother may just change her fate!
Donna Sleight, producer and founder of MADS, said: “We greatly enjoy staging these productions with all the effort and hard work of rehearsals rewarded by laughter and jollity year in, year out.
“This year we have chosen the traditional tale of Cinderella, but have added a somewhat different dimension and of course we have updated the format and added our own unique blend of humour and imagination. As in previous years, we have fantastic costumes, spectacular scenery and a fabulous cast, all supported by a first-rate production team. What could possibly go wrong?”
Tickets, which are selling fast, are available from melbournamdram.co.uk or via 07513 457845. They can also be purchased via the Melbourn Community Hub.