MADS to kick off panto season with Cinderella in Meldreth
- Credit: Archant
With the festive season approaching, Melbourn Amateur Dramatics Society are busy putting the final touches in their annual Christmas pantomime.
A production of Cinderella – What Could Possibly Go Wrong? will be staged over four performances at Meldreth Village Hall next weekend.
Combining both matinee and evening shows, this latest production is designed to provide fun and frolics for all the family across all ages.
This is the sixth successive year MADS have staged a Christmas pantomime production.
Ever popular, these shows always sell out and have come to mark the start of the festive season in Crow country. This not-for-profit society are growing from strength to strength and attract ticket buyers from not only South Cambridgeshire villages but also from much further afield.
MADS have been fortunate enough to have secured funding over the last 12 months from South Cambs Community Chest fund and also from Melbourn and Meldreth parish councils, which has enabled the purchase of some fabulous new costumes and also to make improvements at Meldreth Village Hall – leading to new scenery for their productions.
The show is a traditional and much-loved story of Cinderella who lives in Hardup Hall with her wicked stepmother and her two cruel step sisters.
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 4 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
When the news comes of a grand ball at the palace, Cinderella would love to go, but she is just a servant so how could that ever be possible?
But the unexpected arrival of her Fairy Godmother may just change her fate!
Donna Sleight, producer and founder of MADS, said: “We greatly enjoy staging these productions with all the effort and hard work of rehearsals rewarded by laughter and jollity year in, year out.
“This year we have chosen the traditional tale of Cinderella, but have added a somewhat different dimension and of course we have updated the format and added our own unique blend of humour and imagination. As in previous years, we have fantastic costumes, spectacular scenery and a fabulous cast, all supported by a first-rate production team. What could possibly go wrong?”
Tickets, which are selling fast, are available from melbournamdram.co.uk or via 07513 457845. They can also be purchased via the Melbourn Community Hub.