Love is in the air at Royston Repair Cafe
- Credit: Archant
Love is in the air at Royston Repair Cafe.
A week before Valentine’s Day, the repair cafe is offering people the chance to fix items they have been promising to mend for many months.
Sunday’s Royston Repair Cafe is a free event in the town centre at the Market Hill Rooms.
Between 10am and 1pm owners of broken items are invited to bring them along to be assessed by a volunteer repairer and, if possible, have it fixed.
The repairers can tackle most things including bikes, clothes, electricals and small items of furniture.
You may also want to watch:
John Bennett, who has volunteered at all four previous repair cafes, said: “It saves me money if I don’t have to buy a replacement, meaning I can spend on things I really want and need.
“At the repair cafe, the smile on the faces of owners when I’ve fixed their much-loved item makes it all worthwhile.”
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 5 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 6 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 9 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 10 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
Owners are asked to book in their items in advance so that the repairers know what bits and bobs to expect on the day.
Book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/15128408477.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe.