Love is in the air at Royston Repair Cafe
- Credit: Archant
Love is in the air at Royston Repair Cafe.
A week before Valentine’s Day, the repair cafe is offering people the chance to fix items they have been promising to mend for many months.
Sunday’s Royston Repair Cafe is a free event in the town centre at the Market Hill Rooms.
Between 10am and 1pm owners of broken items are invited to bring them along to be assessed by a volunteer repairer and, if possible, have it fixed.
The repairers can tackle most things including bikes, clothes, electricals and small items of furniture.
You may also want to watch:
John Bennett, who has volunteered at all four previous repair cafes, said: “It saves me money if I don’t have to buy a replacement, meaning I can spend on things I really want and need.
“At the repair cafe, the smile on the faces of owners when I’ve fixed their much-loved item makes it all worthwhile.”
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 4 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 8 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 9 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
Owners are asked to book in their items in advance so that the repairers know what bits and bobs to expect on the day.
Book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/15128408477.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe.