Love is in the air at Royston Repair Cafe
- Credit: Archant
Love is in the air at Royston Repair Cafe.
A week before Valentine’s Day, the repair cafe is offering people the chance to fix items they have been promising to mend for many months.
Sunday’s Royston Repair Cafe is a free event in the town centre at the Market Hill Rooms.
Between 10am and 1pm owners of broken items are invited to bring them along to be assessed by a volunteer repairer and, if possible, have it fixed.
The repairers can tackle most things including bikes, clothes, electricals and small items of furniture.
John Bennett, who has volunteered at all four previous repair cafes, said: “It saves me money if I don’t have to buy a replacement, meaning I can spend on things I really want and need.
“At the repair cafe, the smile on the faces of owners when I’ve fixed their much-loved item makes it all worthwhile.”
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
Owners are asked to book in their items in advance so that the repairers know what bits and bobs to expect on the day.
Book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/15128408477.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe.