Love is in the air at Royston Repair Cafe
- Credit: Archant
Love is in the air at Royston Repair Cafe.
A week before Valentine’s Day, the repair cafe is offering people the chance to fix items they have been promising to mend for many months.
Sunday’s Royston Repair Cafe is a free event in the town centre at the Market Hill Rooms.
Between 10am and 1pm owners of broken items are invited to bring them along to be assessed by a volunteer repairer and, if possible, have it fixed.
The repairers can tackle most things including bikes, clothes, electricals and small items of furniture.
John Bennett, who has volunteered at all four previous repair cafes, said: “It saves me money if I don’t have to buy a replacement, meaning I can spend on things I really want and need.
“At the repair cafe, the smile on the faces of owners when I’ve fixed their much-loved item makes it all worthwhile.”
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 5 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 6 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
Owners are asked to book in their items in advance so that the repairers know what bits and bobs to expect on the day.
Book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/15128408477.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe.