Love is in the air at Royston Repair Cafe
- Credit: Archant
Love is in the air at Royston Repair Cafe.
A week before Valentine’s Day, the repair cafe is offering people the chance to fix items they have been promising to mend for many months.
Sunday’s Royston Repair Cafe is a free event in the town centre at the Market Hill Rooms.
Between 10am and 1pm owners of broken items are invited to bring them along to be assessed by a volunteer repairer and, if possible, have it fixed.
The repairers can tackle most things including bikes, clothes, electricals and small items of furniture.
You may also want to watch:
John Bennett, who has volunteered at all four previous repair cafes, said: “It saves me money if I don’t have to buy a replacement, meaning I can spend on things I really want and need.
“At the repair cafe, the smile on the faces of owners when I’ve fixed their much-loved item makes it all worthwhile.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
Owners are asked to book in their items in advance so that the repairers know what bits and bobs to expect on the day.
Book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/15128408477.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/RoystonRepairCafe.