Lorry hits bridge causing rail and traffic chaos between Baldock and Royston tonight
THERE is congestion around the A507 in Baldock on Tuesday night after a lorry with a 45ft trailer struck the railway bridge on North Road. Police say they are still at the scene and Network Rail engineers are inspecting the bridge. Police say Baldock stat
THERE is congestion around the A507 in Baldock on Tuesday night after a lorry with a 45ft trailer struck the railway bridge on North Road. Police say they are still at the scene and Network Rail engineers are inspecting the bridge.
Police say Baldock station is currently closed and rail services between Cambridge and King's Cross are disrupted in both directions.
There are a number of areas in Comet country where traffic is reported to be heavy.
Old Park Road on the A505 in Hitchin as well as the A602 in Stevenage on the Hitchin Road both ways at Ingleside Drive and in six Hills Way at the B197 London Road are currently reported to be congested.
You may also want to watch:
There are the normal problems on the M25 with heavy traffic between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 Chorley Wood with a 50mph speed limit through the roadworks.
On the M11 between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden drivers are being warned to expect possible delays because of roadworks.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
On the A1 (M) southbound either side of the Hatfield tunnel between junctions 4 and 3 there is heavy traffic.
On the M1 there is slow traffic northbound between junction 9 at Redbourn and junction 11 Dunstable and drivers can also expect some delays around the contraflow between junction 10 the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 at Flitwick.