Lorry driver seriously hurt as crash closes road
A LORRY driver was seriously injured in a collision between two lorries on the A505. The road is currently closed between the Royston Tesco and Little Chef roundabouts following the accident, which took place at about 12.17pm. Police were called to the sc
A LORRY driver was seriously injured in a collision between two lorries on the A505.
The road is currently closed between the Royston Tesco and Little Chef roundabouts following the accident, which took place at about 12.17pm.
Police were called to the scene, while four fire crews, together with ambulances from Letchworth, Royston, and Cambridge, also attended.
An air ambulance was called from its base at RAF Wynton, but was not required.
You may also want to watch:
They found the driver of one of the lorries trapped in his cab. He was freed by fire fighters using cutting equipment, and taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, where he is said to be in a serious condition.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "The man had sustained life threatening injuries and required urgent medical treatment at the scene.
- 1 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 5 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 6 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 7 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 8 Send us photos of your exotic pets!
- 9 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 10 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
"The team of emergency medical technicians and paramedics worked closely with a doctor. He was stabilised on the roadside before being taken to Addenbrooke's hospital."
The driver of the other lorry involved was uninjured.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire Police said the A505 would remain closed until at least 6pm while investigations into the incident continue.