Lorry driver seriously hurt as crash closes road
A LORRY driver was seriously injured in a collision between two lorries on the A505. The road is currently closed between the Royston Tesco and Little Chef roundabouts following the accident, which took place at about 12.17pm. Police were called to the sc
A LORRY driver was seriously injured in a collision between two lorries on the A505.
The road is currently closed between the Royston Tesco and Little Chef roundabouts following the accident, which took place at about 12.17pm.
Police were called to the scene, while four fire crews, together with ambulances from Letchworth, Royston, and Cambridge, also attended.
An air ambulance was called from its base at RAF Wynton, but was not required.
You may also want to watch:
They found the driver of one of the lorries trapped in his cab. He was freed by fire fighters using cutting equipment, and taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, where he is said to be in a serious condition.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "The man had sustained life threatening injuries and required urgent medical treatment at the scene.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 7 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
"The team of emergency medical technicians and paramedics worked closely with a doctor. He was stabilised on the roadside before being taken to Addenbrooke's hospital."
The driver of the other lorry involved was uninjured.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire Police said the A505 would remain closed until at least 6pm while investigations into the incident continue.