Lorraine's Kinder delighted
A PRE-SCHOOL group near Buntingford has a new manager. Lorraine Pike of Luynes Rise, Buntingford, has taken over Westmill Kindergarten. She grew up in Buntingford, has been deputy manager at a pre-school in Cottered, and ran a toddlers group in Buntingfo
A PRE-SCHOOL group near Buntingford has a new manager.
Lorraine Pike of Luynes Rise, Buntingford, has taken over Westmill Kindergarten.
She grew up in Buntingford, has been deputy manager at a pre-school in Cottered, and ran a toddlers' group in Buntingford.
Lorraine said: "I have lots of plans for the kindergarten. I really want to develop the nursery side of things and expand the pre-school.
You may also want to watch:
The kindergarten, which is for children from two-five, is open four days a week.
But Lorraine said she would like to increase it to five days a week, and introduce full day sessions next month.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
She said: "I like the closeness of it.
"You get the personal touch, and get to know the children that much more.
"The children should learn while they are playing by making it fun and interesting and this is something I want to do more of."
Karen Smith, who ran the kindergarten for 15 years, said: "Lorraine has settled in really well.
"She's full of enthusiasm, and I'm confident she will do a good job.
"I wish her all the best for the future and hope she gets support from parents."
The kindergarten is based at Westmill Village Hall.
Trustee spokesman Steve Walker said: "The trust feels it's important that the kindergarten remains in the village."
Lorraine is currently looking for a new deputy manager.
For more information call Lorraine Pike on 01763 273005 or 01763 273745 or e-mail email@example.com