Lorraine's Kinder delighted
A PRE-SCHOOL group near Buntingford has a new manager. Lorraine Pike of Luynes Rise, Buntingford, has taken over Westmill Kindergarten. She grew up in Buntingford, has been deputy manager at a pre-school in Cottered, and ran a toddlers group in Buntingfo
A PRE-SCHOOL group near Buntingford has a new manager.
Lorraine Pike of Luynes Rise, Buntingford, has taken over Westmill Kindergarten.
She grew up in Buntingford, has been deputy manager at a pre-school in Cottered, and ran a toddlers' group in Buntingford.
Lorraine said: "I have lots of plans for the kindergarten. I really want to develop the nursery side of things and expand the pre-school.
You may also want to watch:
The kindergarten, which is for children from two-five, is open four days a week.
But Lorraine said she would like to increase it to five days a week, and introduce full day sessions next month.
- 1 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 2 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
She said: "I like the closeness of it.
"You get the personal touch, and get to know the children that much more.
"The children should learn while they are playing by making it fun and interesting and this is something I want to do more of."
Karen Smith, who ran the kindergarten for 15 years, said: "Lorraine has settled in really well.
"She's full of enthusiasm, and I'm confident she will do a good job.
"I wish her all the best for the future and hope she gets support from parents."
The kindergarten is based at Westmill Village Hall.
Trustee spokesman Steve Walker said: "The trust feels it's important that the kindergarten remains in the village."
Lorraine is currently looking for a new deputy manager.
For more information call Lorraine Pike on 01763 273005 or 01763 273745 or e-mail email@example.com