Lorna cycles 200 miles from London to Paris for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A student from Royston will be cycling 200 miles across the channel to raise money for charity.
Lorna Woo-Sam, who studies sports and exercise science at Loughborough University, is hoping to raise dosh for the Breast Cancer Campaign charity by riding from London to the French capital.
She has already raised just over £900 through a bucket collection and cake sale at Royston Leisure Centre, and is now just £100 shy of her target.
The 20-year-old said: “I was motivated to take on the challenge by the desire to help make a difference to the lives of people who have been affected by breast cancer.
“Training has been going well.
You may also want to watch:
“On the weekends I try and fit in a bike ride to get me used to doing prolonged periods of time on the bike.”
To support Lorna’s bike ride, visit her JustGiving fundraising page at www.justgiving.com/Lorna-Woo-Sam.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims