Lorna cycles 200 miles from London to Paris for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A student from Royston will be cycling 200 miles across the channel to raise money for charity.
Lorna Woo-Sam, who studies sports and exercise science at Loughborough University, is hoping to raise dosh for the Breast Cancer Campaign charity by riding from London to the French capital.
She has already raised just over £900 through a bucket collection and cake sale at Royston Leisure Centre, and is now just £100 shy of her target.
The 20-year-old said: “I was motivated to take on the challenge by the desire to help make a difference to the lives of people who have been affected by breast cancer.
“Training has been going well.
You may also want to watch:
“On the weekends I try and fit in a bike ride to get me used to doing prolonged periods of time on the bike.”
To support Lorna’s bike ride, visit her JustGiving fundraising page at www.justgiving.com/Lorna-Woo-Sam.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance