Lorna cycles 200 miles from London to Paris for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A student from Royston will be cycling 200 miles across the channel to raise money for charity.
Lorna Woo-Sam, who studies sports and exercise science at Loughborough University, is hoping to raise dosh for the Breast Cancer Campaign charity by riding from London to the French capital.
She has already raised just over £900 through a bucket collection and cake sale at Royston Leisure Centre, and is now just £100 shy of her target.
The 20-year-old said: “I was motivated to take on the challenge by the desire to help make a difference to the lives of people who have been affected by breast cancer.
“Training has been going well.
You may also want to watch:
“On the weekends I try and fit in a bike ride to get me used to doing prolonged periods of time on the bike.”
To support Lorna’s bike ride, visit her JustGiving fundraising page at www.justgiving.com/Lorna-Woo-Sam.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 6 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 7 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 8 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 9 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic