Lord Alan Sugar and Michelle Mone special guests at Destination Growth
LORD Alan Sugar was the guest of honour at a business event held this week. Destination Growth took place in the AirSpace hangar at Duxford airfield on Tuesday, and featured speeches from Apprentice star Lord Sugar and Michelle Mone, founder of the Ultimo
LORD Alan Sugar was the guest of honour at a business event held this week.
Destination Growth took place in the AirSpace hangar at Duxford airfield on Tuesday, and featured speeches from Apprentice star Lord Sugar and Michelle Mone, founder of the Ultimo lingerie brand.
The event was organised by the East of England Development Agency (EEDA), and the focus of the day's events was on beating the recession.
Richard Ellis, chairman of EEDA, said: "Destination Growth has once again proved to be an outstanding success. It was fantastic to see so many of this region's business leaders, each with such gritty ambition to survive and thrive during the recession, come together - especially as time has never been such a precious commodity in business."
You may also want to watch:
One of the more unusual sessions held on the day saw delegates armed with airguns, wheels and jacks change a wheel on a Williams Formula One car. This was organised by Scott Garrett, former director of Williams F1, to demonstrate the parallels between the world of Formula One and running a small business.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 5 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 6 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 7 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Village church receives 'lifeline' grant from government
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston