Lord Alan Sugar and Michelle Mone special guests at Destination Growth
LORD Alan Sugar was the guest of honour at a business event held this week. Destination Growth took place in the AirSpace hangar at Duxford airfield on Tuesday, and featured speeches from Apprentice star Lord Sugar and Michelle Mone, founder of the Ultimo
LORD Alan Sugar was the guest of honour at a business event held this week.
Destination Growth took place in the AirSpace hangar at Duxford airfield on Tuesday, and featured speeches from Apprentice star Lord Sugar and Michelle Mone, founder of the Ultimo lingerie brand.
The event was organised by the East of England Development Agency (EEDA), and the focus of the day's events was on beating the recession.
Richard Ellis, chairman of EEDA, said: "Destination Growth has once again proved to be an outstanding success. It was fantastic to see so many of this region's business leaders, each with such gritty ambition to survive and thrive during the recession, come together - especially as time has never been such a precious commodity in business."
You may also want to watch:
One of the more unusual sessions held on the day saw delegates armed with airguns, wheels and jacks change a wheel on a Williams Formula One car. This was organised by Scott Garrett, former director of Williams F1, to demonstrate the parallels between the world of Formula One and running a small business.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford