Lord Alan Sugar and Michelle Mone special guests at Destination Growth
LORD Alan Sugar was the guest of honour at a business event held this week. Destination Growth took place in the AirSpace hangar at Duxford airfield on Tuesday, and featured speeches from Apprentice star Lord Sugar and Michelle Mone, founder of the Ultimo
LORD Alan Sugar was the guest of honour at a business event held this week.
Destination Growth took place in the AirSpace hangar at Duxford airfield on Tuesday, and featured speeches from Apprentice star Lord Sugar and Michelle Mone, founder of the Ultimo lingerie brand.
The event was organised by the East of England Development Agency (EEDA), and the focus of the day's events was on beating the recession.
Richard Ellis, chairman of EEDA, said: "Destination Growth has once again proved to be an outstanding success. It was fantastic to see so many of this region's business leaders, each with such gritty ambition to survive and thrive during the recession, come together - especially as time has never been such a precious commodity in business."
You may also want to watch:
One of the more unusual sessions held on the day saw delegates armed with airguns, wheels and jacks change a wheel on a Williams Formula One car. This was organised by Scott Garrett, former director of Williams F1, to demonstrate the parallels between the world of Formula One and running a small business.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire