Lone women approached by van driver in Bassingbourn and Litlington
- Credit: Archant
Police are warning people to refrain from wearing headphones when walking alone after three reports of women being approached by a van driver in Bassingbourn and Litlington.
The incidents occurred between Thursday, January 7, and Wednesday, January 13, and police are trying to establish if they relate to the same individual.
PCSO Samuel Kennedy said: “We recommend that when walking alone, you should refrain from wearing headphones or, at the very least, ensure that only one is used. This increases awareness of your surroundings and reduces the likelihood of being surprised by the sudden appearance of a vehicle near to you.
“Clearly there are many delivery vans travelling through these villages on a daily basis and drivers may stop and genuinely ask for directions as part of this activity. We are comfortable with such encounters and do not need to know of such incidents.
“However, if such an encounter is motivated by any other reason – particularly if it leaves the pedestrian uncomfortable or alarmed by what has been said to them – we would ask that it is reported to us immediately.”
You may also want to watch:
If your level of concern is high, call 999. Under other circumstances, or to report an historic incident of this nature, contact police on 101 and quote IF160100027.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'