Lone women approached by van driver in Bassingbourn and Litlington
- Credit: Archant
Police are warning people to refrain from wearing headphones when walking alone after three reports of women being approached by a van driver in Bassingbourn and Litlington.
The incidents occurred between Thursday, January 7, and Wednesday, January 13, and police are trying to establish if they relate to the same individual.
PCSO Samuel Kennedy said: “We recommend that when walking alone, you should refrain from wearing headphones or, at the very least, ensure that only one is used. This increases awareness of your surroundings and reduces the likelihood of being surprised by the sudden appearance of a vehicle near to you.
“Clearly there are many delivery vans travelling through these villages on a daily basis and drivers may stop and genuinely ask for directions as part of this activity. We are comfortable with such encounters and do not need to know of such incidents.
“However, if such an encounter is motivated by any other reason – particularly if it leaves the pedestrian uncomfortable or alarmed by what has been said to them – we would ask that it is reported to us immediately.”
If your level of concern is high, call 999. Under other circumstances, or to report an historic incident of this nature, contact police on 101 and quote IF160100027.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'