London calling as Alex follows Dylan
ASHWELL singer/songwriter Alex Holmes has followed in the footsteps of Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan by playing London s Troubadour Club. Alex, 17, played her first London gig at the Troubadour Club, in Earls Court. The venue was made famous in the 1960s, a
ASHWELL singer/songwriter Alex Holmes has followed in the footsteps of Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan by playing London's Troubadour Club.
Alex, 17, played her first London gig at the Troubadour Club, in Earls Court.
The venue was made famous in the 1960s, after appearances from artists such as Hendrix, Dylan, Joni Mitchell, and Paul Simon.
Alex said: "It's a great venue, very intimate, with seats all around, and a little stage in the corner.
"I was a bit nervous at first, but it was a really exciting day."
Playing as part of line-up featuring an eclectic mix of unsigned acts, Alex was first on the bill, and performed a set featuring her own material, which she describes as a "mix of nu-soul and jazz."
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
Alex, who is a sixth form pupil at Knights Templar School, Baldock, said: "I had some of my family come up with me, but the rest of the crowd were really nice too.
"They were warm and welcoming throughout the gig."
Next on the agenda for the talented musician are appearances at two music festivals on July 12.
She will be playing at Summer Sounds in St Albans in the afternoon, before taking to the stage at Rhythms of the World, in Hitchin, at 6.15pm.
Another London gig could also be on the horizon in the near future.
"The lady who organised last week's event told me my music was very calming and had a lot of soul to it," said Alex.
"They said they definitely want me to come back, so we're hoping to sort out something soon.