Local food champion to bring his 'wild' food to Royston farmers market
WILD food of all shapes and sizes will be on offer when the farmers market returns to Royston next weekend. Among stall holders at the popular market will be Stuart Blackman of The Country Bumpkin, who was recently featured on the Local Food Champion tele
WILD food of all shapes and sizes will be on offer when the farmers market returns to Royston next weekend.
Among stall holders at the popular market will be Stuart Blackman of The Country Bumpkin, who was recently featured on the Local Food Champion television show hosted by celebrity chef Gary Rhodes.
Royston's markets manager Emma Burgess said: "Stuart will be bringing a seasonal offering of unusual wild food, almost certainly including his ever-popular venison wraps, which are absolutely delicious."
Many other, more familiar, cuts of meat will be on offer, as well as cheese, pickles, and cup cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Hand-made jewellery and crafts, perfect for Valentines day, will also be on offer.
The farmer's market takes place next Sunday, February 7, from 10am - 1pm, on Market Hill. Parking is free all day in the town's car parks.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation