Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- Credit: Archant
Counting of ballots has started for the North Herts District Council election 2021.
Following Thursday's polling, counting the ballots is now under way.
Seats belonging to party leaders for Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat - Martin Stears-Hancomb, David Levett and Paul Clark respectively - are all up for grabs.
NHDC council leader Mr Stears-Hanscomb previously held a seat in the Hitchin Oughton ward, but this year is running for election in the Letchworth South East ward - the seat held by Conservative's Mr Levett since 2006.
Following the final declarations, the count for Royston Town Council's by-election in the Meridian ward will get under way.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the counting process, we'll provide a round-up with results for all 17 of North Herts' wards, right here on the Comet's website
For live results as they come in, follow @thecomet24 on Twitter.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day