Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- Credit: Archant
Counting of ballots has started for the North Herts District Council election 2021.
Following Thursday's polling, counting the ballots is now under way.
Seats belonging to party leaders for Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat - Martin Stears-Hancomb, David Levett and Paul Clark respectively - are all up for grabs.
NHDC council leader Mr Stears-Hanscomb previously held a seat in the Hitchin Oughton ward, but this year is running for election in the Letchworth South East ward - the seat held by Conservative's Mr Levett since 2006.
Following the final declarations, the count for Royston Town Council's by-election in the Meridian ward will get under way.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the counting process, we'll provide a round-up with results for all 17 of North Herts' wards, right here on the Comet's website
For live results as they come in, follow @thecomet24 on Twitter.
- 1 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 2 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 9 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches