Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn ward voters will have the choice of three candidates to represent them on South Cambs District Council in the local elections on Thursday, May 6.
The vacant Melbourn vacancy is one of two district council seats that represents the villages of Melbourn, Meldreth, Shepreth and Whaddon. The by-election is due to the resignation of Philippa Hart.
The candidates are:
Paul Evans - Green
Tom Goldie - Conservatives
You may also want to watch:
Sally Ann Hart - Liberal Democrats
Residents who are eligible to vote must register to do by Monday, April 19, 2021 at https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
New applications to vote by proxy must reach South Cambridgeshire Hall, Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, CB23 6EA by 5pm on April 27.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
Applications to vote by emergency proxy on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach South Cambridgeshire Hall, by 5pm on election day, May 6.The reasons for applying for this must have occurred after 5pm on April 27.