Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- Credit: South Cambs District Council
The Liberal Democrats have won all four seats at the South Cambs District Council by-elections.
The vacant Melbourn seat was one of two district council seats that represents the villages of Melbourn, Meldreth, Shepreth and Whaddon. The by-election was due to the resignation of Philippa Hart.
The by-election also took voters to the polls for Girton, Haston and Comberton and Milton and Waterbeach wards.
Melbourn ward: Liberal Democrat hold
Paul Evans, Green - 256 votes
You may also want to watch:
Thomas-Charles Goldie, Conservative - 992
Sally Hart, Liberal Democrat - 1,510 - elected
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
Turnout in Melbourn ward was 43.61 per cent
Colin Coe, Green - 246 votes
Corinne Garvie, Liberal Democrat - 967 votes - elected
Marcelo Gonçalves de Lima, Labour - 344 votes
Khadijeh Jaqori, Conservative - 621 votes
Milton and Waterbeach ward:
Paul Bearpark, Liberal Democrat - 1,255 votes - elected
Eleanor Crane, Green - 424 votes
Clive Rabbett, Conservative - 1,069 votes
Jane Williams, Labour - 915 votes
Harston and Comberton ward
Lorraine Mooney, Conservative - 1,459 votes
Colin Reynolds, Green - 335 votes
Michael Tierney, Labour - 519 votes
Fiona Whelan, Liberal Democrat - 1,785 votes - elected
Counting is also under way for the South Cambridgeshire divisions of Cambridgeshire County Council. For results, following @roystoncrow on Twitter.