Liz’s book goes round in circles
AUTHOR Liz Moynihan has launched her new book Drive and Stroll in Hertfordshire. Following on from a long line of countryside titles, Liz s new book identifies 20 Hertfordshire circular country walks. She said: I ve done 12 books now, the last one focus
AUTHOR Liz Moynihan has launched her new book Drive and Stroll in Hertfordshire.
Following on from a long line of countryside titles, Liz's new book identifies 20 Hertfordshire circular country walks.
She said: "I've done 12 books now, the last one focused on village walks around Hertfordshire and involved longer walks that were more physical.
"This one involves shorter walks that vary between two to six miles. People can stroll along then find a good pub at the end."
You may also want to watch:
Liz believes that part of the fun is looking forward to a drink and good meal at the end of the walk.
She said: "There's nothing like a drive and walk in the country. And it's nice to relax after a long walk, especially with a drink and nice lunch.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
"The book caters for all three."
Liz, who has lived in Ashwell for the past 40 years, walks every day and likes nothing better than exploring the countryside with her trusty walking companion Beetle, her black Labrador.
"When researching for the books I like to walk alone, and really concentrate on my surroundings and take everything in," she said. Each walk will have both a historic and wildlife element to it.
A great amount of research is put into every route, whether it be haunted Roman roads, sculptures, Tudor museums or parks and National Trust woodland.
The book includes walks in areas such as Ashwell, Aspenden and Rushden, and places further afield such as Sarratt, Aldenham and Little Berkhamsted.
- Drive and Stroll in Hertfordshire (£7.99, ISBN 185306973-6) from Countryside Books, Highfield House, 2 Highfield Avenue, Newbury, RG14 5DS. www.countrysidebooks.co.uk