Live music night is a hit as Paula gets set for charity parachute jump
- Credit: Archant
A Royston woman who is set to do a parachute jump for a children’s dementia charity has thanked people in the town for helping her raise money at a fundraising bash.
Paula Smith, who studied events management at Brighton University, held a live music event on Sunday at The Boars Head in Market Hill, with food provided by Rob Walls, to raise money for the Hope for Hollie Foundation, which helps children with Niemann Pick.
She said: “I would like to thank Martin Walls, Georgia Nevada, Jessie Worbey, Molly Chenoa and Jacob Skinner for playing.
“I would also like to thank all the companies who donated raffle prizes and to those who bought tickets.
“I am happy I managed to spread awareness about Niemann Pick and am truly grateful for those who have donated and sponsored me.”
You may also want to watch:
Paula has reached her fundraising target of £400, but is urging people to still donate before the parachute jump early next month.
She said: “My JustGiving page – www.justgiving.com/hopeforhollie2016 – is still taking donations to sponsor my parachute jump next Saturday, July 2. Although I am rather nervous, I am really excited to be able to do it.”
Less than 50 children have this condition in the UK and around 1,000 young people suffer from it worldwide.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire