Little and large duo heading for the big time
TWO friends who met over the fish counter at a supermarket are set to hit the big time by starring in their own sketch show.
Kieran McGarvie, 24, and Adrian Manning, 22, have been commissioned by Putting You There productions to make a pilot of a sketch show, provisionally titled Manning and McGarvie.
Filming will take place this summer, and the pair hope their efforts will catch the eye of executives from networks such as the BBC or Sky.
Kieran, of Serby Avenue, Royston, said: “We’ve been in a few adverts and music videos, and it was while we were filming one of these that the production company noticed us and suggested that we put together a sketch show.
“We’re writing and starring in it ourselves, and although we’ve never done any sketches together before, we’ve done a lot of acting.”
You may also want to watch:
Describing their material as dry humour in the style of Ricky Gervais or Jo Brand, Kieran told The Crow that he and Adrian, of Newman Avenue, Royston, met through mutual friends six years ago.
“I was working at Tesco at the time, and Adrian came in and we got chatting over the fish counter, and we’ve been friends ever since. We are complete opposites in the way we look as Adrian is 6ft 6in and I’m 5ft 8in, so we stand out when we are together, but luckily we have the same sense of humour.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
Filming of the pilot episode will take place mainly in the Royston area, with some sketches being shot at the John Henry Newman School in Stevenage, where Kieran is a former pupil.