Litter lout who dumped black sacks of rubbish near nature reserve fined
A litter lout who dumped sacks of rubbish near a nature reserve has been fined.
Esta Jane Cable of Fox Hill Road, Guilden Morden, pleaded guilty to dumping black sacks containing domestic waste in a car park near to Pickering Wood nature reserve in Whaddon.
A prosecution was brought after correspondence revealing her identity was discovered by enforcement officers working for South Cambridgeshire District Council
A hearing at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court last week was told that during the investigation Cable gave a false name and denied the offence. She was sentenced to a conditional discharge for six months and ordered to pay Council costs of £520 and a victim surcharge of £15.
Cllr Mick Martin, South Cambridgeshire District Council’s cabinet member for environmental services, said: “We take fly tipping and littering very seriously; it blights our countryside and costs taxpayers’ thousands of pounds each year. We will make sure those responsible face the consequences of their actions and would urge people to step forward and report fly tipping and littering if they see it.“
You may also want to watch:
If you see someone in the act of fly tipping please contact the Police on 999. To report waste that has been fly tipped, contact Chris Bradley at South Cambridgeshire District Council on 03450 450 063 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims