Litter lout who dumped black sacks of rubbish near nature reserve fined
A litter lout who dumped sacks of rubbish near a nature reserve has been fined.
Esta Jane Cable of Fox Hill Road, Guilden Morden, pleaded guilty to dumping black sacks containing domestic waste in a car park near to Pickering Wood nature reserve in Whaddon.
A prosecution was brought after correspondence revealing her identity was discovered by enforcement officers working for South Cambridgeshire District Council
A hearing at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court last week was told that during the investigation Cable gave a false name and denied the offence. She was sentenced to a conditional discharge for six months and ordered to pay Council costs of £520 and a victim surcharge of £15.
Cllr Mick Martin, South Cambridgeshire District Council’s cabinet member for environmental services, said: “We take fly tipping and littering very seriously; it blights our countryside and costs taxpayers’ thousands of pounds each year. We will make sure those responsible face the consequences of their actions and would urge people to step forward and report fly tipping and littering if they see it.“
You may also want to watch:
If you see someone in the act of fly tipping please contact the Police on 999. To report waste that has been fly tipped, contact Chris Bradley at South Cambridgeshire District Council on 03450 450 063 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks