Litlington fashion designer brings taste of red carpet to village with latest collection
- Credit: Archant
A Litlington fashion designer who has worked for world-famous names like Chloe, Christian Dior and Kenzo says the inspiration behind her latest collection is the beauty of blossoms and wild field flowers seen in the ‘gorgeous Cambridgeshire countryside’.
Sharon Bowen-Dryden, who moved to the village nine months ago from the Cheshire town of Congleton, will be launching her 2017 La Vie est une Fleur bridal gown collection at The White Gallery in London on Sunday, and took the promotion shots at South Farm in Wendy.
The shoot was the brainchild of Bea Piekarska from Photography by Bea – her inspiration was taken from the blossomed wild cherry trees, either side of the arched driveway which greet visitors to the wedding and events venue.
Sharon, who met Bea at one of the South Farm open days, said: “Picking a date for the shoot was the trickiest aspect, as the blossom stubbornly refused to come out.
“After much checking it finally appeared, and the team sprang into action at short notice to produce amazing results.
You may also want to watch:
“The gowns were enhanced by wonderfully wild and different flowers by Jo at Heavy Petals in Royston, who grasped the shoot concept straight away and complemented the gowns by choosing unusual and interesting foliage and berries.
“Local model Kamila Kielczewska-Ulman was chosen for her whimsical and hauntingly beautiful face, and make up artist Izzy Wild captured the look and feel of a spring bride perfectly with fresh, natural rosy make up and tousled bohemian hair, strewn with petals.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 4 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 5 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
“The team worked tirelessly through the day with every attention to detail covered, and despite the extreme cold and biting wind, the result is magical and awe inspiring.”
Sharon’s eye for fashion was nurtured at a young age, her mother was a leading sample machinist who created day dresses for the then princesses Elizabeth and Margaret.
After learning the ropes from her mum, she gained a degree in fashion design and illustration, then headed to Paris where she worked for Chloe, Thierry Mugler, Kenzo, and Tokio Kumagai.
Having worked at many red carpet events – her best friend is actress and presenter Denise Welch, who she says is ‘mad as a frog’ – her work has been splashed across the pages of Vogue, Tatler, Elle and Marie Claire. Visit www.bowendryden.co.uk for more.