Litlington drag racer rides through Festival of Speed
- Credit: Archant
A MOTORBIKE drag racer made an appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend.
Ian King, of Litlington, took his team to demonstrate their skills at the show, considered to be the most well known racing show in the country,
Thousands of spectators watched as Mr King and his team sped around the track on their 1500HP Nitromethane Fuel bikes at 100mph.
He said: “It was great to come out here and really show everyone what we can do. Events like this are just enjoyable for everyone who attends, from dads who just enjoy the mechanics side of things to little boys who get a thrill out of seeing race cars and motorbikes rush by.
“I’ve been doing this for years and the crowds only seem to get bigger every time. I would recommend everyone take the time to check out some of the truly awesome vehicles on display at shows like this.”
The team performed twice throughout the day, once on motorbikes and again in F1 cars. They were awarded an honorary prize by a group of judges at the event, the Goodwood Choice Award, for their contribution to the day’s events.
The team thanked their hosts, Lord and Lady March, as well as all the staff and marshalls who they say helped to make the day very memorable.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 5 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
The Festival of Speed is an annual event held at the Goodwood Racecourse, West Sussex, which has been running for over 20 years.
Visit www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-of-speed for more information.