Litlington drag racer rides through Festival of Speed
- Credit: Archant
A MOTORBIKE drag racer made an appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend.
Ian King, of Litlington, took his team to demonstrate their skills at the show, considered to be the most well known racing show in the country,
Thousands of spectators watched as Mr King and his team sped around the track on their 1500HP Nitromethane Fuel bikes at 100mph.
He said: “It was great to come out here and really show everyone what we can do. Events like this are just enjoyable for everyone who attends, from dads who just enjoy the mechanics side of things to little boys who get a thrill out of seeing race cars and motorbikes rush by.
“I’ve been doing this for years and the crowds only seem to get bigger every time. I would recommend everyone take the time to check out some of the truly awesome vehicles on display at shows like this.”
You may also want to watch:
The team performed twice throughout the day, once on motorbikes and again in F1 cars. They were awarded an honorary prize by a group of judges at the event, the Goodwood Choice Award, for their contribution to the day’s events.
The team thanked their hosts, Lord and Lady March, as well as all the staff and marshalls who they say helped to make the day very memorable.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
The Festival of Speed is an annual event held at the Goodwood Racecourse, West Sussex, which has been running for over 20 years.
Visit www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-of-speed for more information.