Dinner and dancing at Litlington Burns Night event
- Credit: Archant
Litlington’s parish church is hoping to boost its funds by holding a Burns Night event later this month.
Money raised will go towards the installation of toilet and kitchen facilities in the 11th-century St Catherine's Church.
The evening - held in honour of Scottish poet Robert Burns - will include the traditional Address to the Haggis, a two-course supper of haggis served with neeps and tatties, a dram of whisky and dessert. This will be followed by Scottish dancing - can't dance? Don't worry, the dancing will be led by callers from the Letchworth Scottish Country Dance Club.
Kilts and tartan not compulsory - but organisers have said they can guarantee that there will be some!
The event takes place at Litlington Village Hall in Abbotts Close from 7.30pm on Saturday, January 25.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cos £15 and can be bought at Litlington or Steeple Morden post offices.
Tables can be reserved for groups and requests made for the vegetarian option via LitlingtonChurchEvents@gmail.com.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended