Dinner and dancing at Litlington Burns Night event
- Credit: Archant
Litlington’s parish church is hoping to boost its funds by holding a Burns Night event later this month.
Money raised will go towards the installation of toilet and kitchen facilities in the 11th-century St Catherine's Church.
The evening - held in honour of Scottish poet Robert Burns - will include the traditional Address to the Haggis, a two-course supper of haggis served with neeps and tatties, a dram of whisky and dessert. This will be followed by Scottish dancing - can't dance? Don't worry, the dancing will be led by callers from the Letchworth Scottish Country Dance Club.
Kilts and tartan not compulsory - but organisers have said they can guarantee that there will be some!
The event takes place at Litlington Village Hall in Abbotts Close from 7.30pm on Saturday, January 25.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cos £15 and can be bought at Litlington or Steeple Morden post offices.
Tables can be reserved for groups and requests made for the vegetarian option via LitlingtonChurchEvents@gmail.com.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés