Link to Royston pub theft suggested in Hitchin CCTV appeal
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released of a man the police would like to talk to following a theft from a pub in Hitchin – and police say there could be a link to a similar incident in Royston.
At about 10.15am on Tuesday, November 10, a man entered the Rose and Crown pub in Market Place, Hitchin, via a side door, went behind the bar and stole hundreds of pounds.
Police are linking this to a theft that occurred at the Green Man pub in Market Hill, Royston, on September 26.
That incident involved a man who entered the pub at about 1.40pm and went up into the flat within the pub. He took some money from the lounge before leaving.
Police want to speak to the man pictured as he may have information that could assist assist their investigation. Anyone who can help to identify the man pictured is asked to contact Det Con Nigel Humphrey via the police non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference number G1/15/2783.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre