Link to Royston pub theft suggested in Hitchin CCTV appeal
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released of a man the police would like to talk to following a theft from a pub in Hitchin – and police say there could be a link to a similar incident in Royston.
At about 10.15am on Tuesday, November 10, a man entered the Rose and Crown pub in Market Place, Hitchin, via a side door, went behind the bar and stole hundreds of pounds.
Police are linking this to a theft that occurred at the Green Man pub in Market Hill, Royston, on September 26.
That incident involved a man who entered the pub at about 1.40pm and went up into the flat within the pub. He took some money from the lounge before leaving.
Police want to speak to the man pictured as he may have information that could assist assist their investigation. Anyone who can help to identify the man pictured is asked to contact Det Con Nigel Humphrey via the police non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference number G1/15/2783.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation