Link to Royston pub theft suggested in Hitchin CCTV appeal
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released of a man the police would like to talk to following a theft from a pub in Hitchin – and police say there could be a link to a similar incident in Royston.
At about 10.15am on Tuesday, November 10, a man entered the Rose and Crown pub in Market Place, Hitchin, via a side door, went behind the bar and stole hundreds of pounds.
Police are linking this to a theft that occurred at the Green Man pub in Market Hill, Royston, on September 26.
That incident involved a man who entered the pub at about 1.40pm and went up into the flat within the pub. He took some money from the lounge before leaving.
Police want to speak to the man pictured as he may have information that could assist assist their investigation. Anyone who can help to identify the man pictured is asked to contact Det Con Nigel Humphrey via the police non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference number G1/15/2783.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community