Link to Royston pub theft suggested in Hitchin CCTV appeal
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released of a man the police would like to talk to following a theft from a pub in Hitchin – and police say there could be a link to a similar incident in Royston.
At about 10.15am on Tuesday, November 10, a man entered the Rose and Crown pub in Market Place, Hitchin, via a side door, went behind the bar and stole hundreds of pounds.
Police are linking this to a theft that occurred at the Green Man pub in Market Hill, Royston, on September 26.
That incident involved a man who entered the pub at about 1.40pm and went up into the flat within the pub. He took some money from the lounge before leaving.
Police want to speak to the man pictured as he may have information that could assist assist their investigation. Anyone who can help to identify the man pictured is asked to contact Det Con Nigel Humphrey via the police non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference number G1/15/2783.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?