Limited time left to book tickets for fundraising ball in light of Royston-born Dean and partner Francesca’s brain tumour battles
- Credit: Archant
There are just two weeks left to buy tickets to a fundraising ball organised by a young couple who have both battled brain tumours.
Francesca Bryant, 28, and her partner Dean Goddard, 29, have each been diagnosed with a brain tumour over the past 12 months.
Francesca has Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, which predisposes her to a variety of malignant and benign tumours, and has had nine benign tumours removed since she was 15.
Dean, who grew up in Royston, was diagnosed with a tumour in his optic nerve after a routine eye check-up.
Francesca and Dean, together with their friend Gina McLean, are organising a ball to raise money for two charities which have supported them VHL UK/Ireland and Macmillan Cancer Support – at Wyboston Lakes Willows Suite on October 21.
Tickets for the black tie event, which include a three-course dinner, are £30. To book a place at the ball, make sure you email firstname.lastname@example.org before September 21.
- 1 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 2 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 5 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 6 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 9 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash