Limited time left to book tickets for fundraising ball in light of Royston-born Dean and partner Francesca’s brain tumour battles
- Credit: Archant
There are just two weeks left to buy tickets to a fundraising ball organised by a young couple who have both battled brain tumours.
Francesca Bryant, 28, and her partner Dean Goddard, 29, have each been diagnosed with a brain tumour over the past 12 months.
Francesca has Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, which predisposes her to a variety of malignant and benign tumours, and has had nine benign tumours removed since she was 15.
Dean, who grew up in Royston, was diagnosed with a tumour in his optic nerve after a routine eye check-up.
Francesca and Dean, together with their friend Gina McLean, are organising a ball to raise money for two charities which have supported them VHL UK/Ireland and Macmillan Cancer Support – at Wyboston Lakes Willows Suite on October 21.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the black tie event, which include a three-course dinner, are £30. To book a place at the ball, make sure you email email@example.com before September 21.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event