Limited time left to book tickets for fundraising ball in light of Royston-born Dean and partner Francesca’s brain tumour battles
- Credit: Archant
There are just two weeks left to buy tickets to a fundraising ball organised by a young couple who have both battled brain tumours.
Francesca Bryant, 28, and her partner Dean Goddard, 29, have each been diagnosed with a brain tumour over the past 12 months.
Francesca has Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, which predisposes her to a variety of malignant and benign tumours, and has had nine benign tumours removed since she was 15.
Dean, who grew up in Royston, was diagnosed with a tumour in his optic nerve after a routine eye check-up.
Francesca and Dean, together with their friend Gina McLean, are organising a ball to raise money for two charities which have supported them VHL UK/Ireland and Macmillan Cancer Support – at Wyboston Lakes Willows Suite on October 21.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the black tie event, which include a three-course dinner, are £30. To book a place at the ball, make sure you email email@example.com before September 21.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone