Light up the town for Christmas
CASH prizes are on offer to Royston businesses that create outstanding festive lights displays. The Crow has teamed up with Enfield Electrical and Royston town centre management to run a competition which will reward retailers who light up Royston this Ch
CASH prizes are on offer to Royston businesses that create outstanding festive lights displays.
The Crow has teamed up with Enfield Electrical and Royston town centre management to run a competition which will reward retailers who light up Royston this Christmas.
Businesses wishing to enter should collect their free Christmas lights from town centre manager Geraint Burnell and create an eye-catching display of them on their premises.
Anyone wishing to be considered for the contest must have their lights up on display by the day of the Royston Christmas Carnival, December 7.
You may also want to watch:
Judging will take place after this date, with prizes being awarded for the most creative displays.
Enfield Electrical has donated prizes of £100 for the winner, and £50 for the runner-up.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Mr Burnell said: "We've had a good uptake of the free Christmas lights so far, although we still have around 15 sets which are unclaimed.
"So anyone who would like to enter this competition had better get their order in fast."
The winner of the competition will be announced in The Crow in the run-up to Christmas.
Plans have now been finalised for the Christmas Carnival, which will feature a festive farmers' market, a mini fairground at the end of Angel Pavement, and a bigger than ever gift fair.
Santa has also confirmed that he will be putting in an appearance at his Christmas gazebo, assisted by the Royston Round Table.
The Christmas Carnival will run from 10am-3pm on Sunday, December 7.
For more information, contact the town centre manager's office on 01763 248564.