Light party provides alternative to halloween
- Credit: Archant
OVER 150 children enjoyed a fun alternative to halloween when a community centre hosted a light party.
Held at the Coombes Community Centre on Thursday, the light party saw children come together to play games and enjoy free food and a disco.
The party is organised by Margaret MacCormack, from Ignite Community Church, and Helen TObiss from Melbourn Baptist Church, together with a team of helpers from Royston Churches Together.
Mrs MacCormack said: “This event has been running for several years now and Churches Together feel it is important to have a party as an alternative to halloween.
“We created a time where families could come, have fun, make some imaginative craft, play games, ice buns, have your face painted, and dance to the disco music. Everything was light, bright and beautiful and expressed something of Jesus being the Light of the World.”
You may also want to watch:
Royston’s Mayor, Cllr Bob Smith, was on hand to get proceedings up and running.
“It became such a focal point for the town, and through the evening we welcomed more than 210 people. This was a really special fun family celebration. We are so thankful to all who came,” said Mrs MacCormack.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences