Light party provides alternative to halloween
- Credit: Archant
OVER 150 children enjoyed a fun alternative to halloween when a community centre hosted a light party.
Held at the Coombes Community Centre on Thursday, the light party saw children come together to play games and enjoy free food and a disco.
The party is organised by Margaret MacCormack, from Ignite Community Church, and Helen TObiss from Melbourn Baptist Church, together with a team of helpers from Royston Churches Together.
Mrs MacCormack said: “This event has been running for several years now and Churches Together feel it is important to have a party as an alternative to halloween.
“We created a time where families could come, have fun, make some imaginative craft, play games, ice buns, have your face painted, and dance to the disco music. Everything was light, bright and beautiful and expressed something of Jesus being the Light of the World.”
You may also want to watch:
Royston’s Mayor, Cllr Bob Smith, was on hand to get proceedings up and running.
“It became such a focal point for the town, and through the evening we welcomed more than 210 people. This was a really special fun family celebration. We are so thankful to all who came,” said Mrs MacCormack.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange