Light party provides alternative to halloween
- Credit: Archant
OVER 150 children enjoyed a fun alternative to halloween when a community centre hosted a light party.
Held at the Coombes Community Centre on Thursday, the light party saw children come together to play games and enjoy free food and a disco.
The party is organised by Margaret MacCormack, from Ignite Community Church, and Helen TObiss from Melbourn Baptist Church, together with a team of helpers from Royston Churches Together.
Mrs MacCormack said: “This event has been running for several years now and Churches Together feel it is important to have a party as an alternative to halloween.
“We created a time where families could come, have fun, make some imaginative craft, play games, ice buns, have your face painted, and dance to the disco music. Everything was light, bright and beautiful and expressed something of Jesus being the Light of the World.”
You may also want to watch:
Royston’s Mayor, Cllr Bob Smith, was on hand to get proceedings up and running.
“It became such a focal point for the town, and through the evening we welcomed more than 210 people. This was a really special fun family celebration. We are so thankful to all who came,” said Mrs MacCormack.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation