Life touring with Primal Scream and Motorhead proves good preparation for running successful Litlington company
Back in January 2006 Litlington-based Absolute Audio Visual Solutions Ltd opened its doors for the first time.
It was a simple operation, comprising of one man and no van.
Ten years on, and the company employs 30 full time staff, has a fleet of 10 vehicles and occupies a ten thousand square foot warehouse.
The company specialises in sales and installation, AV hire and technical event production.
“We’ve certainly come a long way, but it’s not just about the numbers,” said managing director Alex Parmee.
“One of the reasons we’ve managed to grow within an industry that’s been hit hard by the economic downturn in recent years is our unwavering focus on service.”
Alex first learned his craft touring with rock bands like Motorhead and Primal Scream in the late 1990s and early 2000s, and later refined his skills and knowledge working as an AV technician in Cambridge.
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 4 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 5 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 6 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 7 Royston Photographic Society announces latest competition winners
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
“I took the best elements of production work on the road and blended this with everything that I had learned in the corporate environment.
“It’s largely about providing timely solutions to people’s technical problems in the most efficient way.
“Clients value straight talking honest advice.
“They want a reliable good value service they can trust,” he said.
In addition to supplying AV services to local businesses, venues, schools and universities around North Herts and Cambridge, Absolute has also developed a client list which includes some of the world’s most recognised brands such as Twitter and Google.
Alex said: “It’s great that we have the opportunity to work on some exciting national and international projects but we also want to remain close to our roots and support local businesses with their AV requirements.
“Whether you need a full production package, hire of a single plasma screen or installation of a small projector in your office, you’ll always receive the same level of service no matter what the size of job.”
Loyalty among customers, clients, suppliers and staff is another key part of the organisation’s continued success, Alex claims.
“People tend to stick around. We have a high staff retention and a loyal and hard-working technical team.
“Long term client relationships are also an important part of the company strategy.
“Our focus has been on forming partnerships with clients and suppliers to ensure we are all working together towards a common goal.
“I’m enormously proud of what we’ve been able to achieve in ten years.
“It’s a fantastic milestone and I’m very excited about what we can accomplish in the next decade.”