Life’s journey in flowers
A FLOWER festival to celebrate the changing scenes of life will take place over the Bank Holiday weekend at Royston Methodist Church. It will be the church s eighth flower festival and this year s event will portray the journey of life from birth to deat
A FLOWER festival to celebrate the changing scenes of life will take place over the Bank Holiday weekend at Royston Methodist Church.
It will be the church's eighth flower festival and this year's event will portray the journey of life from birth to death.
There will also be a number of stalls and refreshments and a variety of music on offer.
One of the organisers, Joan Munden, said: "It promises to be a great weekend, and we have lots going on. I'm looking forward to seeing the church full with beautiful flowers, with the theme represented by a splendid flower display."
You may also want to watch:
The event will also raise funds for the church and its youth group.
The church is committed to supporting youth worker David Hollingsworth, who works with the town's middle schools, the youth club, and the young people's fellowship.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Mrs Munden said: "David will use the funds to support his ongoing work, and we will use the money to improve the church and fund future events.
"We take great joy in welcoming people into the church. We are all very excited."
- The flower festival will run on Saturday from 10am-6pm, Sunday 11am-6pm, and Monday 10am-4pm.
For more information visit www.royston-methodist.org.uk/