Life’s a beach at village school
OH we do like to be beside the seaside was the refrain echoing around a village school this week.
Pupils in Class One at Therfield school enjoyed a seaside day, and to mark the occasion staff managed to bring the beach and the sea into the school grounds.
Class teacher Charlotte Ferguson, who organised the day for her pupils, said: “Our topic this term has been entitled buckets and spades, so we’ve learned all about various aspects of the seaside, so I thought this would be a good way to keep the theme going.
“We’ve been building sandcastles, paddling in the water, and at the end of the day we all had an ice-cream.”
n See more pictures online at www.roystoncrow24.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash