Life’s a beach at village school
OH we do like to be beside the seaside was the refrain echoing around a village school this week.
Pupils in Class One at Therfield school enjoyed a seaside day, and to mark the occasion staff managed to bring the beach and the sea into the school grounds.
Class teacher Charlotte Ferguson, who organised the day for her pupils, said: “Our topic this term has been entitled buckets and spades, so we’ve learned all about various aspects of the seaside, so I thought this would be a good way to keep the theme going.
“We’ve been building sandcastles, paddling in the water, and at the end of the day we all had an ice-cream.”
n See more pictures online at www.roystoncrow24.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'