Life’s a beach at village school
OH we do like to be beside the seaside was the refrain echoing around a village school this week.
Pupils in Class One at Therfield school enjoyed a seaside day, and to mark the occasion staff managed to bring the beach and the sea into the school grounds.
Class teacher Charlotte Ferguson, who organised the day for her pupils, said: “Our topic this term has been entitled buckets and spades, so we’ve learned all about various aspects of the seaside, so I thought this would be a good way to keep the theme going.
“We’ve been building sandcastles, paddling in the water, and at the end of the day we all had an ice-cream.”
n See more pictures online at www.roystoncrow24.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak