Life’s a beach at village school
OH we do like to be beside the seaside was the refrain echoing around a village school this week.
Pupils in Class One at Therfield school enjoyed a seaside day, and to mark the occasion staff managed to bring the beach and the sea into the school grounds.
Class teacher Charlotte Ferguson, who organised the day for her pupils, said: “Our topic this term has been entitled buckets and spades, so we’ve learned all about various aspects of the seaside, so I thought this would be a good way to keep the theme going.
“We’ve been building sandcastles, paddling in the water, and at the end of the day we all had an ice-cream.”
n See more pictures online at www.roystoncrow24.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Luton Airport flight path public consultation in final weeks
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn